Degree Plans



Prairie View has always been my first option when it came to choosing universities after graduation. Summer '16 was the first time I experienced the "College Life", I applied to the Panther Pride Program for five weeks to stay on campus and take two classes in my major for FREE! Everything about the program was well organized and the staff was friendly and welcoming of the freshmen. It was new to me and I'm sure for everyone in the program as they had not stayed in dorms and away from loved ones. Those five weeks felt like forever but eventually ended and got my credits started!

Enrolling into my official first school year semester was tougher than I thought... especially as a freshman, someone who was shy and did not know anyone on campus to ask questions. Entering University College was overwhelming and stressful finding your advisor and then picking classes. When meeting with the advisors, they have knowledge of the degree plans as they have done this before and know how to read the plans. Unfortunately for me, it ended up being that I kept being enrolled by my advisor to classes I did not need or had already completed in the categories for the Education degree plan! I was disappointed and furious, I had been cheated from my money and my time from reaching graduation sooner. The degree plans kept being modified and classes moved around that University College did not have the updated plans and students kept either taking extra classes or the same classes in the categories. After finding out this mistake, there was not much anyone could have done besides continue taking the CORRECT classes and try to cram classes each semester to still attempt to graduate their desired year.

Degree plans should be taken serious and follow everything on it to get it done on time and successfully!

Comments